[geeklog-devel] Differences in block rendering (was: Road to 1.5.1)

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Sep 7 12:56:47 EDT 2008

Michael Jervis wrote:

>I'm going to submit an article about left/right block magic for 1.5.1
>to explain it to theme developers not reading the developer list and
>understanding my Commits ;-)

You may also want to add some information for plugin authors. The
difference in rendering the What's New block is caused by something in
the forum from what I can see.

On every page other than the forum, the What's New block is using
blockheader-left.thtml and therefore a

for the block header. But in the forum, it seems to be using
blockheader.thtml and therefore only

And because of that, this CSS rule is not used:

.block-box-left ul,
.block-box-right ul {
  /* do not indent lists in the blocks too much */
  margin:0px;
  padding-left:20px;
}

Is that a bug in the forum or in the block rendering code?

http://spam.tinyweb.net/