[geeklog-devel] Bug 0000775 - proposed solution

Sean Clark sc1245 at messiah.edu
Fri Apr 10 14:55:31 EDT 2009

Sorry for the lengthy time before this response, it's exam season for this
college student.

Templates that appear to need the nofollow are:
plugins/templates/calendarweek.thtml
plugins/templates/weekview.thtml

and of course, public_html/calendar/index.php

I'm not very familiar with the way Geeklog is structures, but it appears
that the best way to get 'nofollow' into the templates would be by doing
something like $cal_templates->set_var('relnofollow', $relnofollow).
$relnofollow can be set to either be blank, or to rel="nofollow", depending
on the outcome of another conditional statement that will examine the url
parameters and compare them to the current date and time.

So what I'm asking is whether running the variables that are assigned to
$cal_templates around line 550 through a conditional statement, and then
having the templates use a resulting $relnofollow variable would work.

Also, where should I define the $_CA_CONF variable? I saw them used in a few
spots, but wasn't sure where they get assigned.

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Clark wrote:

>This may seem like an idiotic question, but what are the templates and
their
>connection to the calendar on Geeklog?

The HTML for the calendar comes from the template files in plugins/
calendar/templates. They are basically HTML with a few placeholders for
the actual data. Some of those placeholders form links, though. Here's a
snippet from calendarweek.thtml:

mode={mode}&view=week&month={wmonth}&day={wday}&year={wyear}">

That looks like another link that should have the nofollow when it
points too far into the future. So the fix for this bug also requires
some template changes.

>Templates aside, I think I corrected the problem using the concept above as
>far as all links on calendar/index.php go.

Sounds good.

>of course leaving the 12 easily accessible for change to the
>desired value in the function.

Just FYI, we have the convention to stick configuration items into an
array. For the Calendar, that would be
$_CA_CONF['somegoodnameforthatvaluehere'].

>I'll wait to hear what these templates are
>before getting too excited...

:-)

http://geeklog.info/