[geeklog-devel] Bug 0000775 - proposed solution

Maciej Cupiał maciej.cupial at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:14:25 EDT 2009

These integers stand for entry's subgroup (1), fieldset (2), selection
array (3) and the rank (4) in the user interface.

1. There is only one subgroup for the calendar, and therefore the
first integer should remain 0.

2. There are two fieldsets: general and permissions, so 0 or 1 to
choose from for the second one.

3. The last one stands for the set of options available for an entry,
when it's type is set to "select". They are loaded from the language
files (from the very end).

4. The rank decides on entry's UI control precedence in the fieldset -
lower are placed first.

2009/4/20 Sean Clark <sc1245 at messiah.edu>:
>>>Also, where should I define the $_CA_CONF variable? I saw them used in a
> few
>>>spots, but wasn't sure where they get assigned.
>
>>That's the magic of our configuration class at work :)
>
>>For a fresh install, add them to plugins/calendar/install_defaults.php.
>
>>A $c->add('blah', ..., 'calendar'); would end up creating a
>>$_CA_CONF['blah'] entry.
>
> I've got the new feature completed and checked for everything, except adding
> the $_CA_CONF entry to the install_defaults. I've added the install default
> as '12', but in install_defaults.php, around line 160 for example, what are
> the four integers after 'select'? What value should that have for the entry
> I'm adding? I couldn't find them in the database, so I'm not too sure what
> they stand for.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean
>

> --