[geeklog-devel] FCKeditor integration

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Aug 30 17:09:02 EDT 2009

At 04:49 PM 8/30/2009, Dirk Haun wrote:
>But why exactly did we allow to upload archive files (.zip, etc.)? I
>can't really think of a use case for those inside an _editor_. If at
>all, those should be uploaded through a separate plugin, e.g. File Management.
>
>Same with the various text documents (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
>and others) that are still allowed now (in 1.6.0sr2).

Suppose someone uses Geeklog strictly as a blog. No forums, no
filemgr. How does he post a file to his blog? He can only upload it
separately and post a link. With a full featured editor, it's all
handled for him.

A better solution would be to provide a better bridge between Geeklog
configuration and FCKEditor's configuration. The obvious difficulty
to this is finding a way to do it that doesn't require a lot of work
with each FCKEditor release.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games