[geeklog-devel] FCKeditor integration

Euan McKay info at heatherengineering.com
Sun Aug 30 20:35:12 EDT 2009

>> But why exactly did we allow to upload archive files (.zip, etc.)? I
>> can't really think of a use case for those inside an _editor_. If at
>> all, those should be uploaded through a separate plugin, e.g. File
>> Management.
>>

> FCKeditor allows you to upload files of all types so that you can create a
> link and reference it to the uploaded file. I created such an example story
> when I completed the initial integration for the GL 1.4 release - see the
> bottom of this story
> http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/advanced-editor?query=fckeditor
>
> Is it used much - maybe not, but it would be nice to not remove the ability
> for the site admin to enable these other file types.

For me, the point is that the built-in upload for fckeditor allows
users to upload any type of file they want to the server, and link it
easily - perhaps more easily than if they had to go to the
filemanagement plugin, upload, then work out how to link that from a
story.

If filemanagement plugin files were that easy to integrate into
stories, then there would be no need to enable archives etc. in
fckeditor. They aren't at the moment, so please don't disable that
feature totally.

Euan.