[geeklog-devel] AJAX and Javascript Libraries - request for comments

Mark Howard mark at the-howards.net
Mon Feb 16 17:39:17 EST 2009

Couldn't resist jumping in here ...

There are obviously a lot of things that can be done on the 'client side'
with Javascript, but the two things that I use the JavaScript functions most
for are:

1) Populating dynamic content based upon input (dynamic selects)
2) Asynchronous lookup, such as populating/auto-completion based upon
partial input
3) Field validation, or modification, such as inline
capitalization/formatting/masking, etc.

Not necessary 'flashy' stuff, although that can be fun too (and what's wrong
with that) ...  ;^)

-m