[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.5.2 and 1.6.0

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Jan 22 14:14:00 EST 2009

Blaine Lang wrote:

>Is 1.6 only what is on the roadmap page as I'd like to open this up for
>discussion or understand if some of the ideas we have been discussing
>are to in a 1.7 and follow shortly after 1.6.

In my opinion, what absolutely has to be in 1.6 are

- the GSoC projects by Matt, Sami, and Jared
- the 3 plugin RFCs I posted
- raising the minimum requirements to PHP 4.4

(maybe those should also be in the bugtracker?)

Because those (especially the first two) are the most invasive code
changes. Everything else that hasn't already been implemented is up for
discussion. Some of the items on the roadmap are only there because they
got pushed up from an earlier target.

We should really aim for having a stable and released version out in
time this year, should we be part of the Summer of Code again. That,
plus Mercurial, and giving each of our potential students their own
repository will also help that results can find their way back into the
mainline earlier and easier.

There is, of course, nothing stopping us from making 1.6.1, 1.6.2, ...
releases, even during the summer.

Looking at the open items that currently have a 1.6.0 target - it's a
mixed bag. Some should be easy to implement. Other could probably be
pushed back further.

Which issues did you have in mind (and for which releases)?

I've added a 1.6.1 to the list of versions in the bugtracker. Feel free
to push some targets around when you feel it's appropriate.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/