[geeklog-devel] Word of warning about COM_makeClickableLinks

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jan 24 07:56:03 EST 2009

Website Master wrote:

>In Geeklog 1.4.1 this function would not convert a domain name to a link
>(like Geeklog.net). Since 1.5 it does which messed with a lot of my articles
>and I had to disable this code. Has the new code switched back to the
>original way?

In 1.4.1 and earlier you had to have a "www." in front of domain names
for them to be recognized and turned into links. The code in 1.5.0 and
1.5.1 was a bit too casual and made some expressions clickable if they
only contained a dot in the middle of a word.

That has been fixed now, but it will now make geeklog.net clickable
(which it didn't do in 1.4.1), as it recognizes the ".net". Is that a problem?

>If not, can we implement a disable feature in the admin section?

Not in 1.5.2, but feel free to submit a feature request for 1.6.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/