[geeklog-devel] Suggestion: simple mode

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Wed Jan 28 09:50:54 EST 2009

The Advanced Editor was created with that main purpose to simplify the
interface and hide all the non-needed options for basic content creation
and editing.
If users need or want to explore, the editor's many options are broken
out into 4 other tabs to further keep things more simplified and organized.
The default FCKeditor toolbar options are set in a config file so it can
be simplified to just a few icons.
Only more adventurous users are going to check out the other toolbar modes.
I believe the fields on the 'Editor' tab are pretty much the most basic
we could get it to now.

Are your sites not using the Advanced Editor or should we call it the
Simple Editor?
Are they clicking on the other tabs and getting confused?

Blaine