[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009: Geeklog

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Mar 15 18:04:54 EDT 2009

saurabh gupta wrote:

>What we can do is to mark the spam comments as spam and group them in
>a spam category (spam queue).
(...)
>Other modifications which can be implemented in spam-X plugin are:

Let me just say that I like what you're suggesting. You may face a few
surprises when you try to actually implement some of these things, but I
like the direction.

>1. While adding an entry in the *Spam-X Personal Blacklist*, it
>doesn't check for the duplicate entries.

Same with the IP blacklist. Well, all of the blacklists, actually. If we
had the sortable lists, we could at least see the duplicates. Avoiding
them would be even better, obviously :)

>So, if a user press the
>button *Add Censor list* multiple times

Or accidentally ... Don't know how often that has happened to me. Any
redesign should move that button somewhere else.

>2. If spam queue is implemented, then whenever, a comment is caught as
>spam, it will be entered in the spam queue and those words will be
>highlighted or underlined (marked) which provided a basis of spam
>detection.

Sounds interesting.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/