[geeklog-devel] Student developer with a question

Sean Clark sc1245 at messiah.edu
Sat Mar 21 16:35:51 EDT 2009

Thanks for the links, Dirk. I asked, because just wanted to get a better
feel for how Geeklog looks and functions in the wild as I dug through the
documentation.

So then, if you promise you won't bite, then here's a few questions:

For the test framework project
(http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_test_framework), I'm not entirely
sure what the focus is. For example, would the project focus more on
adapting an existing framework to Geeklog - then, it could provide
functionality where developers could run new code independently through a
testing function, passing it expected results and various inputs? Or would
the focus be more on creating sets of end-to-end tests that would simulate
different user experiences, making sure that new code won't conflict with
existing functions and it works as an entirety? Or, am I completely missing
the proverbial nail with my hammer?

For the webservices project
(http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_webservices_revisited), the
difficulty level said medium to high - which may mean it's beyond my newbie
grasp. If I were to work on image upload, however, would I be able to use
something like (http://www.verot.net/php_class_upload.htm) through
webservices? It doesn't seem like a very difficulty project, compared to the
test framework - but then again, these things are always easier in theory :D

Thanks for the response,
Sean

>>> "Dirk Haun" <dirk at haun-online.de> 03/20/09 2:49 AM >>>
Hi Sean,

welcome and thanks for your interest :-)

Well, <http://www.geeklog.net/> and <http://www.groklaw.net/> would come
to mind. For other big and lively sites, try <http://www.macosxhints.com/
> and <http://www.macfixit.com/>.

Not sure how looking at those sites would help with the two projects you
mentioned, though. So I'd suggest you just ask away. We don't bite ;-)

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/