[geeklog-devel] Feedback on 1st draft of OpenID 2.0 support GSoC proposal

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Mar 27 15:17:21 EDT 2009

(just found this still sitting in my outbox - /me kicks his email client)

Evgeniy Mikhaylov wrote:

>It would be nice to have the same framework in Gl and this library
>project, isn't it?

Of course - see Sean's proposal. I guess the test framework wouldn't be
too tightly coupled to Geeklog anyway.

>I am not going to copy/paste code from existing libraries, but i
>always thought that i can use open source projects to see how
>particular things were implemented and implement it in the same way in
>my project (can i do it?).

Yeah, you can do it. But there's a difference between looking what
library X does when some value comes in as 42 instead of the expected
255 and copying entire algorithms. But then again OpenID is a defined
protocol and there are only so many ways to implement it. So just take
this as a reminder not to be too liberal about these things, tempting as
it may be.

>I didn't want to post some personal data to the public mail
>list.

That's understandable of course and also applies to all the other
students posting their proposals here. Just add it when you submit it to
the webapp.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/