[geeklog-devel] GSOC 2009 Proposal

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Mon Mar 30 12:09:44 EDT 2009

Visions of automated Windows Update flash through my head -- Automatic
update done on my vista laptop destroys 1/2 my software.  Not sure who
is to blame for that situation... Me for not testing the updates or even
reading what they are, or Microsoft for pushing the update.

Its probably a better idea to have the updates to be configurable
option.  Give the user the option to automatically update or not for
both critical and non critical items.
Other options could be an email alert or things like a warning banner
bar across the top of the page output or something to that effect.

-randy