[geeklog-devel] JavaScript, again

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Nov 10 16:23:01 EST 2009

Tony Bibbs wrote:

>Now that all said, I still have to give you shit for using Lynx so much
>still ;-)

Yeah, I know. I really should be using Links instead since it can handle
those fancy tables ;-)

[JS security]
>Not sure how much there is really to discuss here.

Not knowing how much there is to discuss is part of my problem :)

>Coke vs Pepsi.  AptitudeCMS only uses jQuery for it's vibrant community and
>documentation.  The most important note, however, is it is completely up to
>each plugin in AptitudeCMS to decide which JS library they want.  Choice
>there is good but as it pertains to the GL core, yes, you have to pick and I
>don't think you'll get much complaining.

As I mentioned on the forum discussion, I think we just need some JS
code in the core to be able to implement certain features. This
shouldn't stop a theme designer or plugin author from using another JS
library.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/