[geeklog-devel] GL zip/tar plugin install

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Mon Nov 16 16:36:38 EST 2009

I'm getting odd errors out of the tar.gz/zip upload from the latest GL
RC1 package where the system is telling me that the archive I've
uploaded is not a valid tar.gz or zip file.  This I know is not the case
as I physically used 3 different zipping methods to create a zip file
(7zip, vista zip and winrar).  The zip file is 100% ok as I can unzip it
and look inside of it no problem.

Anyhow, I've done some var_dumps on the plugins.php file in the upload
handler, and what is happening is that there is no error on upload --
rather where we do:

$archive = new unpacker($_FILES['plugin']['tmp_name'],
                        $_FILES['plugin']['type']);
$tmp = $archive->getlist(); // Grab the contents of the tarball to see
what the plugin name is

Produces an error in the unpacker:
public 'errorno' => string '405' (length=3)
public 'error' => string 'Unpacker called getlist with unknown handler.'
(length=45)

Which of course means that the regex done on $tmp[0]['filename']
produces a null, which of course means that this all fails.

The $_FILES upload looks just fine.  Any ideas?

-randy