[geeklog-devel] Autoinstall plugins and dependencies

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 11:38:25 EDT 2009

Is there a reason why:

Our plugins today, have a pre-install hook that is called on install and
checks if the dependencies like other plugins, directories, perms etc are
tested before allowing the install to proceed and we show the site admin the
status of the pre-requisites.

Isn't sufficient?

Would a dependency array work better.

PluginA_Required = array('PluginB', 'PluginC');.

With that information the autoinstaller could be made to be smart enough to
generate a dependency tree and install multiple plugins in order. Other
"preinstall" checks (file permisisons, etc) could be accomplished in the
install function.

-Vinny