[geeklog-devel] Suggested new SEC_ functions

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Oct 4 14:09:51 EDT 2009

Can I get some feedback on
<http://project.geeklog.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/geeklog/rev/aaa5a1f1850e>
please?

During development, I'm running Geeklog with error_reporting(E_ALL)
usually. That can be a bit of a pain in some situations, though. For
example, when saving an object and the perm_anon checkbox is not set,
you get an error when trying to access $_POST['perm_anon'].

So I came up with a helper function that filters the 6 standard
permission entries (owner_id, group_id, perm_owner, and so on), ensures
that they are all set and also does the translation from the array of
checkboxes to numerical values.

So now you could do something like

    $PERM = SEC_filterPermissions($_POST);
    if ($PERM['perm_anon'] == 0) { ...

without PHP throwing a fit when E_ALL is on but the perm_anon checkbox
wasn't checked.

And since one of the next steps usually involves passing all those
permission values to SEC_hasAccess, I came up with SEC_hasAccess2 (for
lack of a better idea for a name - suggestions welcome) which will do
the same but accept that $PERM array instead of 6 separate values.

Does anyone else think those functions could be useful? I've checked
them in but haven't started using them yet.

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/