[geeklog-devel] plugin_autoinstall - two more issues

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Mon Oct 5 12:30:02 EDT 2009

Two new issues have surfaced while working with the autoinstall -
admin/plugins.php  function plugin_do_autoinstall().

1) If the autoinstall fails, then the PLG_uninstall will always fail.
The plugin has not yet been installed and the plugins autouninstall
function is then not found. The code as far as I can see does not do an
include the plugins functions.inc

To duplicate: uninstall the Polls plugin and then manually create a
groups record for 'Polls Admin'
The autoinstall will fail and not be able to recover.

2) If a plugin needs to create multiple groups, they will be created
fine but the plugin_doautoinstall only will create the group_assignments
records for the first created group. Is there a reason the code to
create group_assignment records does not loop through the $groups array?

Is the plan for the autoinstall feature to remove the need for the
admin/plugins/{pi_name}/install.php file entirely ?
I was close to removing until these issues appeared.

Blaine