[geeklog-devel] plugin_autoinstall - two more issues

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Mon Oct 5 14:00:07 EDT 2009

Ben,

That is the same issue.
The solution is to alter admin/plugins.php at line 1035-1048 to look
like this:

if (count($groups) > 1) {
  if ($verbose) {
    COM_errorLog("Attempting to give all users in the Root group access
to the '$plugin' Admin group", 1);
  }

  foreach($groups as $key=>$value){
    DB_query("INSERT INTO {$_TABLES['group_assignments']} VALUES "
                 . "($value, NULL, 1)");
    if (DB_error()) {
      COM_errorLog('Error adding plugin admin group to Root group', 1);
      PLG_uninstall($plugin);
      return false;
    }
  }
}

This should be a fix made to the core.  If not, then we have to document
in the wiki that the post plugin install routine needs to add in the
group_assignments for root.  Otherwise those groups are totally
unusable.

-randy