[geeklog-devel] Handling of 'special' characters in 1.60sr2

Rob Griffiths robg at griffsweb.com
Sat Oct 17 18:05:13 EDT 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Sean Clark wrote:

> The first thing that comes to mind is that either you, or geeklog,
> has magic quotes enabled and the other doesn't. You can check it
> with this:

We disabled magic quotes, and indeed, it no longer eats backslashes.
Unfortunately, the output is now really bad. The backslashes are
converted to HTML entities in the actual story *and* in the input box
(along with, in the input box, all the other special characters).

I need to find a fix for this ASAP; my site is now unusable for any
code submissions, and those are probably 30% of what we get :(.

-rob.