[geeklog-devel] Why the 403 code after spam detected? IIS7 doesn't like it

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue Oct 27 14:14:18 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I have been getting reports of 403 errors on my new server with IIS7 when a
user attempted to submit something.  I finally narrowed it down to this line
after a submission of a comment, story, etc.. if the spamx plugin detects
spam:

        COM_displayMessageAndAbort ($result, 'spamx', 403, 'Forbidden');

Is there any reason we should be generating this 403 error here? This
doesn't play nice with IIS7 which by default returns a custom summary error
page. As a temp solution I have turned off Custom Error Pages which now
gives me the appropriate geeklog page with
"Spam detected. Post was deleted." information.  This is not an ideal
solution because if other server errors happen, a detailed error report is
displayed to users.

Does anyone have any problems with changing the above line to this in the
geeklog code?

	COM_displayMessageAndAbort ($result, 'spamx');

Thanks