[geeklog-devel] FCKeditor integration

geeklog at mystral-kk.net geeklog at mystral-kk.net
Fri Sep 4 01:21:28 EDT 2009

Dirk Haun wrote:

> Btw, CKEditor, the successor of FCKeditor, is now out in a stable version:
>
>     http://ckeditor.com/
>
> No, I'm not suggesting to switch to it immediately. But we should keep
> an eye on its development. Anyone willing to take a closer look? E.g.
> how easy (or not) it can be integrated into Geeklog?

It seems quite easy to integrate CKEditor into Geeklog, according to their
Wiki page
(http://docs.fckeditor.net/CKEditor_3.x/Developers_Guide/Integration).
However, unlike FCKeditor, CKEditor doesn't seem to have its own built-in
file browser.  Instead, they suggest using CKFinder, which is paid
software.
--
  mystral-kk
  http://mystral-kk.net