[geeklog-devel] config class->_get_ConfigHelp

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Tue Sep 22 14:07:07 EDT 2009

> Dirk Haun wrote:
> > Pragmatic solution: Make the config class check if the URL already
> > contains a '#'. If so, don't add the "#desc_xxx".
> Yes, that would work and thanks for the quick reply!

This *kind* of works.  But its still too restrictive.  The update to
Mercurial for this will most certainly skip adding the #.... when a #
already exists in the URL.  However there is no way to effectively
redirect the URL to a plugin specific piece of documentation using the
plugin_getdocumentationurl_xxxxxx function.

What I'm saying is that the plugin_getdocumentationurl_ function has no
information as to which config option's help URL is being generated.  It
would be beneficial if the PLG_getDocumentationUrl function could also
pass along the config item that is being generated.  This way we can
parse our own config help URL to redirect to any proper url.  Otherwise,
its always going to be the same URL generated over and over.