[geeklog-devel] Calendar Plugin - Recurring Events

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Thu Apr 1 14:49:36 EDT 2010

Would this not be a perfect candidate for Ajax?
Only request and return the specific data you need to parse the return
feed on the client side and populate your calendar.  This way you're not
returning 100,000 records, still doing client side parsing AND this
still lets us have the routines written for javascript-crippled browsing
clients.

Likewise, if there are 50 birthdays on one day in a large organization,
you're not going to show all 50.  You might show the fist 5 and then
include a "more" link that can be ajax enabled that will show the next 5
or 10 or whatever the setting is specified.

Just a thought.  Ignore me if I'm being dumb.

-randy