[geeklog-devel] Initial screen-shot of Configuration page

Akeda Bagus admin at gedex.web.id
Tue Apr 13 07:26:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Abhinav Chittora
<bijolianabhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have applied for Google Summer of Code 2010 for "Improving Configuration
> UI" idea. I am attaching a snap shot, that will show how the next geeklog
> will be looks like. It is just a initial draft, some more hard work is still
> going to be done. let me know if you like this or need some improvements.

Hi Abhinav,

I also applied the same project's idea as you. Figuring from your
snapshot, it's looked pretty good and it seems you're using JQuery UI
for tab and accordion feature. The tabs you've created would replace
configuration sidebar/menu on the left, though. In the default
administration layout, which is 2 layout column, the users will lose
the feel being on adminstation page, because you define one column
layout for configuration page which is inconsistent with overall
administration page layout. My suggestion is let the sidebar/menu
still on the left and you could group the tabs based on fieldset type
(this is my approach on grouping subgroup conf). But the snapshot
you've given clealry desribe your ideas.

--
regards,
gedex

blog: http://gedex.web.id