[geeklog-devel] Plugin development guides out of date

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Apr 13 12:59:59 EDT 2010

Ramindu Deshapriya wrote:

>I was looking into developing a mockup of the e-commerce plugin. For this I
>read up on the Plugin Developers Handbook and downloaded the Universal
>Plugin Toolkit. Both of them seem to be a bit outdated.

Yes, they are (it even says so on the wiki). I wouldn't use the
Universal Toolkit any more - it even requires register_globals to be
"on", at least for some things.

If you're looking for a current plugin template, take one of the bundled
plugins or try the Plugin Generator.

>Would you like these guides to be brought up to
>date? Is there some initiative in place to do this?

Of course we would welcome any help in updating them :)

My suggestions would be to get a wiki account and start doing it. There
are some hints buried on the various wiki pages pointing out that the
information is outdated and where to find more current information
(usually in lib-plugins.php). Incorporating that information would be a
good start. It may sometimes require a rewrite of an entire page, but
that shouldn't stop anyone.

As usual, documentation is the part that nobody really wants to do. So
any help there is greatly appreciated.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/