[geeklog-devel] Installation Process with latest mercurial release

Samuel Leathers sam at theleathers.net
Wed Apr 21 14:06:27 EDT 2010

I checked error.log. All it had was *** dummy entry ***

I checked permissions on the log file, and it was owned by www-data, so
the webserver should have been able to write to it. I also enabled
rootdebug, which did nothing either.

I gave it bad authentication data for the database, and it gave the
"sorry but the database info you entered is incorrect" error, so it
appears it is talking to the database properly, so that shouldn't be an
issue.

On the blank page, I did a view source, and it came up completely blank.

So then I thought maybe I did something wrong, so wiped the directory,
did a fresh hg clone, downloaded the pear files, copied the three dist
files to the originals, chown -R the directory to www-data, and tried
again, and same problem.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. Any suggestions?

Sam