[geeklog-devel] Thanks!

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sun Apr 25 15:03:09 EDT 2010

Another 24 hours before the accepted student proposals are announced. So
while everbody's waiting, I just wanted to say thanks to all those
students and other members of the Geeklog community for everything that
has been happening over the last few weeks. It was really great to see
all of you being so engaged and eager to help out in various ways, be it
patches, bug reports, translations, or documentation / wiki updates.

Tomorrow, inevitably, there will be some disappointment. Some of you
will probably move on but I do hope that we will be able to keep up some
of that momentum and that some of you had fun and will stick around.

When we decided to ask for a patch as part of the application process, I
didn't imagine that we would end up with such a huge backlog of patches.
We will have to release Geeklog 1.7.0 "real soon now" so that our
selected students have a basis to work on. But we'll immediately start
1.7.1 development after that. All the patches that didn't make it into
1.7.0 will be considered for inclusion in 1.7.1, so nothing will be lost
and every single patch is very much appreciated.

This was the most active and exciting application phase we ever had in
GSoC and although I was busy with other things during the last 2 weeks,
all this did not go unnoticed. I'm not very good at this, but I just
wanted send a note of thanks.

So: Thanks! :)

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/