[geeklog-devel] Static Pages Plugin and advanced editor

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Apr 30 11:45:06 EDT 2010

The Advance Editor is found under "Users and Submissions" and then the
"Submission Settings" section in the Geeklog Configuration.  The docs read
for this value

"Enable (if set to true) a WYSIWYG editor for story and comment submissions
and static pages. Geeklog ships with FCKeditor."

The docs do not mention using this as a default value for the post mode just
that it enables the WYSIWYG editor for submissions. This value also enables
the advance editor for admin, this is a different form than the "regular
editor" and it includes the FCKeditor as well as some other changes. The
docs should probably be changed for this to read something like:

"Enable (if set to true) a WYSIWYG editor for Story and Comment Submissions.
Also enables the Advanced Editor Admin form for Story and Static Pages.
Geeklog ships with FCKeditor."

If you want a config value for default post modes for the admin editors then
this should be a separate config value (one for stories and one for
staticpages)

BYW the spot to add a check for a default postmode for staticpages would be
put in the index.php file found under
\public_html\admin\plugins\staticpages\ around line 95

Tom