[geeklog-devel] Twitter OAuth for Geeklog

今駒哲子@Geeklog IvyWe komma at ivywe.co.jp
Tue Aug 17 13:10:12 EDT 2010

Hi Tom,

> I received the Twitter Direct message now. Makes sense that it wouldn't have
> sent it before since I already had an account on Geeklogjp.

Congratulations!

> Facebook also worked now. It grabbed my Name, email and photo. Any chance of
> grabbing bio and location information like you did in Twitter?

http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/user
All of these data can be get.
Email is included.

> What is the reason behind why in Twitter and LinkedIn OAuth methods you
> don't retrieve the email address (I assume there is a problem since you
> retrieve it in Facebook)?

1. Twitter API:
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/users/suggestions/:slug
id
name
screen_name
location
description
url
time_zone
created_a
profile_image_url
friends_count
followers_count
favourites_count
statuses_count

Email is not included...

2. LinkedIn[Profile API]

Default Fields Returned
http://developer.linkedin.com/docs/DOC-1002
 ... first-name,last-name,headline,site-standard-profile-request/url

More
http://developer.linkedin.com/docs/DOC-1014
 ... id,first-name,last-name,picture-url,headline,summary,positions,educations

Email is not included...

> Great Work by the way.

Thanks!