[geeklog-devel] IKS / Aloha editor

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 13:26:47 EST 2010

I tried out the Aloha Editor at the GSOC Mentor's Summit and have played
with it since. Like Dirk, I much prefer it to the FCKeditor (not least
because of the security issues we've had with it).

However, I don't think we should switch to the Aloha Editor until it
supports image upload. The ability to easily upload images was a big draw to
introduce FCKeditr in the first place and it seems to be a frequently used
feature. It wouldn't hurt to start a branch to integrate the Aloha Editor,
but I think the switchover should wait until the image upload feature is
available.

-Vinny