[geeklog-devel] 1.8.0 Release Timetable

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Tue Dec 21 09:57:32 EST 2010

Personally, if you are going to be working on a template plugin I would
rather see that work go into the Geeklog template class itself. I rather not
split future theme development with 2 template options.

I know there have been arguments on this in the past but I would like to
make a few decisions on this ...

I was planning to work on the Geeklog template class in the semi near future
(http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1155).  I am pretty sure
your ideas (Joe's) cover a fair number of my changes/ideas and more.  If Joe
can and wants to work on this template stuff that's great.  It is something
I need (and I am sure others will use) and if he is doing it, it will free
up my time to work on other Geeklog features.

As a refresher, Joe what are some of the changes/features you want to add to
the Geeklog template class?

I wanted the ability:

- to have if statements in template files

- topics to have their own themes (this is based on some work I need to do
yet)

- have a base theme with any new themes just needing the template files that
have been modified

I will also add in your patch Joe for 1.8.0. At first I thought it was not
needed if you do end up working on the Geeklog template class but after
thinking about it having those 4 set_var calls in one place is best.

If Joe ends up working on the Geeklog template class then after the
Professional CSS theme and topic stuff I will probably work on the Forum
then. This would mean reviewing Blaines updated forum (and probably
modifying it to work with a straight install of geeklog again) from NexPro,
and setting up a proper repository and bugtracker.

Tom