[geeklog-devel] The Slogan which is a Claim

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Feb 9 14:25:22 EST 2010

Markus wrote:

>The xerox example is not the best because it is old. Mambo is
>excellent.

Hmm, not sure I agree. The (old?) Xerox slogan was good: "The document
company". In the unlikely event that you didn't know about Xerox, it
would tell you something about them. And for those that think Xerox ==
copiers, the slogan tells you that there's more to the company.

Of course, the slogan is somewhat exchangeable and would work just as
well for, say, Adobe (ignore Photoshop and think PDF, Postscript,
FrameMaker, ...).

Mambo - power in simplicity. Well, that's nice and catchy but doesn't
really tell me what it is. Think of the typical FrOSCon / LinuxTag
scenario: "So what is Mambo?" "Power in simplicity". Nope, doesn't work.

I see some convergence here:

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/