[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 23

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Feb 19 18:16:48 EST 2010

Tim Patrick wrote:

>One way to make development alot more likeable for developers is to give
>them a much more standard framework. While being able to create a plugin
>like 10 different ways is cool, it really confuses the end developer.

Well, there's all sorts of plugins - small ones that only implement one
function as well as big ones, like the Forum or Media Gallery. They have
quite different requirements, obviously.

>Sure it will take alot more development work on our parts to create such
>a developer friendly framework, but it would be more inviting to developers.

The Plugin Toolkit was meant as a starting point for plugin development:

    http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Plugin_Toolkit

It could use some work, but at least it gives you a skeleton plugin to
start with.

Of course, our documentation of the Plugin API is in desperate need of
on overhaul, which doesn't exactly make it easier to get into plugin
development ...

http://geeklog.info/