[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 38, Issue 21

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Feb 20 09:16:18 EST 2010

Here is a very basic implementation.

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Connect/Setting_Up_Your_Site

With Facebook Connect you actually don't enter your username and password on
the site.  When you click the Facebook Connect button (use Digg.com for
example) it brings up a separate browser window from Facebook itself.  If
you are already logged into Facebook, Facebook then asks if this is the
account you wish to connect with. If you are not logged in, it then asks you
for your Facebook username and password.

On the 3 sites I use Facebook Connect with it all works the same way.

I believe Twitter works in a similar manner

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Sign-in-with-Twitter

http://mashable.com/2009/04/18/twitter-facebook-connect/

Tom