[geeklog-devel] SOCNET

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Sat Feb 27 09:25:14 EST 2010

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_social_network_support

There's the initial wiki page for Socnet.
I just put it together this morning and is by no means a definitive
final version spelling out requirements.
Based on what I put in the requirements, I think this is a GSoC project
that is 100% do-able in the allotted time frame.  All critiques welcome.

I didn't include the meshing of, say, the calendar project with socnet.
But there might be some very plausible benefits to collaborating
together on those projects.  I see calendar being a bit heavier than
Socnet in terms of coding cycles.

The area that is currently "lacking" in substance is the messaging --
that is, how should an end user receive notifications that something has
changed and how should that be managed.

-randy