[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2010 idea - E-Commerce/Shopping Cart plugin

Ramindu Deshapriya rasade88 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 12:49:08 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am an undergraduate of Information Technology at the University of
Moratuwa, Sri Lanka and I have 2 years' experience working with PHP. I have
worked on Content Management Systems such as Joomla as well, developing
extensions according to PEAR standards. I was interested in working on an
opensource CMS as a GSoC 2010 project, and Geeklog caught my eye. As I have
some knowledge developing e-commerce applications using PHP, I think I will
be able to develop a suitable plugin for Geeklog that will allow e-commerce
functions such as online funds transfer and online purchases possible. I am
currently studying the development tutorials for Geeklog and hope to
contribute to the bug tracker soon.
Any feedback you could provide on the feasibility/usefulness of this project
and on any specific requirements that you would like to see included within
the plugin would be appreciated.

Thank You!

--
Yours Truly,