[geeklog-devel] Like to participate Gsoc praogram

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:44:00 EDT 2010

Ishara,

The best place to start would be here:
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/SoC_calendar_plugin. That "idea"
page outlines our general conception of what the calendar plugin would
entail.

As for basic skills, a knowledge of PHP and SQL (specifically MySQL or
PostgreSQL) are necessary as Geeklog is written in those languages.
Also helpful is understanding of distributed version control systems,
specifically Mercurial (hg) which we use. For a tutorial on HG, see
http://hginit.com.

Once those basics are covered, I'd suggest you dig into the Geeklog
code. For the Calendar plugin project, concentrate on understanding
the plugin API and how its used.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know.

-Vinny