[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Autotags Update and Tooltips

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Nov 22 10:45:12 EST 2010

Hi All,

These 2 feature requests dealing with autotag descriptions and usage
permissions:

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1083
http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1042

are pretty much complete. The only thing left is a question with the
tooltip. lib-common.php now contains a new function:

/**
* Returns an text/image that will display a tooltip
*
* This tooltip is based on an example from
http://trentrichardson.com/examples/csstooltips/
*
* @param    string  $text       Text for the actual tooltip. Can include
HTML.
* @param    string  $hoverover  Text or image to display for the user to
hover their mouse cursor over.
* @param    string  $class      Specify a different tooltip class to use.
* @param    string  $template   Specify a different template to use.
* @return   string              HTML tooltip
*
*/
function COM_Tooltip($text, $hoverover = '', $class = 'tt', $template =
'tooltip-1')

There are many ways to do a tooltip and everyone has their favorite.
Geeklog's tooltip will be stored in a template file so people can change as
needed.

My plan is to include 2 different looking tooltips; one that uses images and
one that does not. My question is should I include a switch in the Geeklog
Configuration -> Theme section that allows the user to switch between the
available tooltips or just let them modify the tooltip template files/names
on their own?

Also, once Geeklog 1.8.0 is released I will release updated versions of the
forum and autotags plugins to take advantage of these autotag upgrades.

Thanks

database 5639 (20101122) __________

http://www.eset.com