[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Tooltips Autotags Update

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Nov 28 11:02:42 EST 2010

Hi All,

I have just pushed the changes for the Autotag Description and Usage
Permissions feature requests for Geeklog and all of the core plugins.

Everything is completed with the exception of maybe some cosmetic tooltip
modifications.

Plugin authors who wish to support these new features should take a look at
one of the core plugins for an example on how to implement it. You mainly
need to look at the function function plugin_autotags_xxxx. Besides the
operations "tagname" and "parse" for the function there now are
"permission", "nopermission" and "description".

Also if you allow autotags in any user submissions, when you check your
content and when you save it to the db (or preview it) you should also now
remove the autotags the user does not have permission to use. For example:

    // Remove any autotags the user doesn't have permission to use
    $A['description'] = PLG_replaceTags($A['description'], '', true);

In most cases you would do this when you parse out any html or bad words in
the content. Autotag Usage Permissions work similar to the regular read and
edit permissions for stories etc.. (except there is no 3 and 2 means Use and
not Read)

If you have time, please test.

Next up for me is to finish off/tidy up the OAuth support.  After that I
hope to get started looking into using the Professional_CSS theme and
updating the new graphics provided by Rouslan.  I also hope to look at
allowing other plugin objects to be associated to Topics (Feature 1155).

I also have the Autotags plugin update almost finished which supports these
new features. If you want an early copy let me know. I will release it to
the community once Geeklog 1.8.0 is released.

Thanks

database 5656 (20101128) __________

http://www.eset.com