[geeklog-devel] Configuration tooltips

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Apr 6 12:52:25 EDT 2011

Hmmmm, I am just thinking out loud here.

PLG_getConfigTooltip is a clean way to do it (and we can incorporate using
COM_Tooltip) and it still allows core to use the hack though it means
another plugin API and potential duplication of documentation for plugins
(ie the language files and a document file, Wiki page, etc..). Plus it is
backwards compatible meaning if it doesn't exist we can fall back to
PLG_getDocumentationUrl

Adding a new document type to PLG_getDocumentationUrl  like I suggested
would work as well though I am not sure how many plugin developers would use
it.

Looking at your code again I just realized we could just scrap
PLG_getConfigTooltip and the configuration could just look to see if the
language array exists and if it does then it can use the data from it.

Tom