[geeklog-devel] PROJECT DEVELOPMENT IN GSOC-2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Feb 2 14:46:45 EST 2011

shibasish das wrote:

> With due respect I would like to inform you that I am looking forward to work on "FACEBOOK CONNECT" and "MULTI USER BLOG" (topics put-forth by GEEKLOG) as a project on GSOC-2011.I know these topics were not of that much concern in last year,but are interesting projects to work on it,looking forward for replies.

Welcome and thanks for your interest. Please keep in mind that the organizations participating in GSoC 2011 will only be announced on March 18, so there's no guarantee at this point that Geeklog will be in GSoC again this year.

As for the Facebook Connect project: Quick question to those who use Facebook: Since we will have OAuth in Geeklog 1.8.0 - would we still need Facebook connect? Both allow you to log into Geeklog with your Facebook account. One is a standard and used by other sites as well, the other is not ...