[geeklog-devel] Our application for GSoC 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Feb 23 16:54:12 EST 2011

So, the application period for organizations who want to take part in GSoC 2011 starts on Monday, February 28. We still need

- more fleshed-out ideas
- more people willing to mentor

The list of ideas is a very important part of the application and what we have until now is not nearly enough. We need at least 6 (8 would be better) fully developed ideas. Currently, we have 4 - and I was actually thinking of dropping the Spam-X one, since that didn't work out in previous years.

There are quite a few interesting ideas in the comments on geeklog.net and on the "brainstorming" page - surely it's possible to come up with some more project ideas based on those?

http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/gsoc-2011-cfi#comments
http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/GSoC_Brainstorming

We should also have our mentors lined up by March 18 at the latest (the day the list of accepted organizations is published). Has anyone reading this considered helping Geeklog by helping a student? We need you!

If there are any questions regarding project ideas, becoming a mentor or anything else about GSoC, please ask them, either here or in private email if you prefer that.

bye, Dirk

http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code