[geeklog-devel] Our application for GSoC 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Feb 24 15:56:32 EST 2011

Tom wrote:

> As I said before I would really hope someone picks up the Core Notification
> Support project

I think last year we mostly had the problem of finding a mentor for it.

>>> An integrated tags option for stories and static pages, with multiple
> levels (so we could use this plugin instead of changing the core to get
> subtopics or multiple topics for a story)

Subtopics are something I had suppressed ... Still not too optimistic about their feasibility.

> Should we leave the Topics as is and develop a separate Category or
> Tag system for items? How would the display of items work? I guess I can
> take a stab at this and write something up...

That sounds like a good idea.

>>> OpenID 2.0
>
> It has been started but is it worth finishing or starting from scratch?

We have an OpenID 2.0 library that's supposed to be working. It "only" needs to be integrated.

One of the goals of that project was to allow Geeklog to become an OpenID provider, i.e. allow you to log into other sites with the login from your Geeklog site. Isn't there something similar in OAuth? If so, maybe that could be combined?