[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.7.2: Postgres / MS SQL issues?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Jan 25 04:54:03 EST 2011

I'd like to suggest that we release Geeklog 1.7.2 - the last PHP 4
compatible update - in mid-February, say the weekend of February 12/13.

Since we committed[1] to a long-term support for this release, I'd
like to get the two reported issues about problems with MS SQL and
Postgres resolved:

http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/roadmap_page.php?version_id=31

Can those of you who have MS SQL or Postgres running please provide
some feedback? I.e. whether or not you can reproduce the issue and
which version(s) you're using?

As noted in the comment of #1251, there's a problem with the Postgres
version of dbSave, possibly only on PHP 5.3. A fix is in Trunk and I'm
going to port it back to 1.7.2.

If you are aware of any other issues with MS SQL or Postgres support,
please report them. Thanks.

bye, Dirk

[1] http://www.geeklog.net/article.php/end-of-php4-support