[geeklog-devel] Interested in GSoC 2011 (Self Introduction)

ashish mittal ashishmittal.mail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 11:36:38 EST 2011

Hello members,

I am Ashish Mittal, a pre-final year BE student of Computer Engineering from
University of Mumbai, India. I intend and am very interested to take part in
GSoC 2011 with Geeklog as my mentoring organization this year.

I am new to this list and to this organization. I feel introducing myself
here and getting to knowing the community members would be good as I am keen
to contribute here as a developer.

I have already participated in GSoC 2010 under Sakai Foundation where I
created a subsystem ‘Event Explorer’ [0] for them. I have experience with
technologies like Struts, Grails, JSP, Servlet, HTML, CSS,
Javascript/JQuery, Git and MySQL. I am good with UI interfacing and web 2.0
tools.

I saw that Geeklog has already started preparing for SoC 2011 [1] and I also
want to start getting to grip with the architecture of Geeklog. I have been
through some documentations and past year’s projects. I wanted to know if
there are some tasks or good ideas which I could work on prior to timeline
so as to get a better understanding of the architecture and code base. So if
you could please give me some information on the above, it will be very
helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.
[0] -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/KERNDOC/KERN-717+Event+Explorer