[geeklog-devel] GSoC 2011 announced

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Jan 31 17:02:29 EST 2011

Tom wrote:

> Also would it be frowned upon if we had projects that are continuation of
> previous years GSOC projects?

Nope, and we already ran two such projects (install script, configuration). I'm thinking of proposing a follow-up project for the unit test framework.

> For a GSOC project can we group a bunch of smaller similar projects together
> to get 3 months of work?

I guess technically, that would be allowed. But I'm not sure if it would be such a good idea.

IMO, a GSoC project should focus on one area / idea. Also, a cobbled-together project probably isn't too attractive. The cobbled-together Spam-X project we tried for the last 2 years wasn't so great.

I know there's a bit of a hole between GSoC sized and Code-In sized projects, but that's probably something we could throw a bounty at.