[geeklog-devel] Geeklog New Scripts Class

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sat Mar 5 15:06:13 EST 2011

Thanks and yes it will.

I was actually going to ask you if you could update one of your plugins that
use jQuery to use the new scripts class just to help me weed out any
potential bugs.

Hmmm, I just thought of an issue. Plugins that use JavaScript and not the
new Scripts class should be fine since most of the JavaScript for plugins
are based on their own JavaScript files. I see a problem happening though
where
jQuery could be set twice if the Scripts class sets it and then an older
plugin sets it using their own copy.

Should we just assume older plugins that use jQuery will need to be updated
to be used with 1.8.0

OR

Should I add in a config option to disable setting jQuery by the Scripts
class? If a config option is set to true then the plugin will have to make
sure jQuery is set all the time and is the proper version. The config option
doesn't really fix all cases so I wonder if we should just go with option 1.

Tom