[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Mar 18 15:28:25 EDT 2011

>> if Geeklog is accepted as a mentoring organization.
>
> We'll know in a few hours :)

And the answer is - nope, we didn't get in this time.

I'm a bit disappointed, of course, but we had 4 great years in a row. I'd like to thank Google for giving us the opportunity.

There's an IRC meeting for the rejected orgs on Wednesday where I'll try to find out more about why we didn't make the cut this year. And of course learn what we can do to get in again in a possible future GSoC :)

In the meantime, we have an upcoming release to take care of. And on the plus side, we now have some breathing room to take care of the successful GSoC projects from past years that haven't been rolled into Geeklog yet. So, let's roll up our sleeves and get some coding done.