[geeklog-devel] Google Summer of Code 2011

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Mar 22 15:02:09 EDT 2011

Okay, let me try that again, without the smilies and timestamps. Sorry about that ...

--- snip ---
carols ‣ hey dhaun
dhaun ‣ hey Carol, hope you're not too exhausted by now
dhaun ‣ thanks for doing this, our ideas page is http://wiki.geeklog.net/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code
carols ‣ no problem, just give me a sec
carols ‣ yeah, another bad news one. i see you guys were in until our very final round of cuts and we just had to get to a specific number
carols ‣ i liked your app, i like your org
carols ‣ but we were making way for new orgs this year
dhaun ‣ thanks
carols ‣ i'm sorry this isn't more satisfying
dhaun ‣ right, that's what I was "hoping", sort-of, to hear
carols ‣ please keep doing what you're doing
carols ‣ we really cut into bone this year
dhaun ‣ well, that should be easy then
carols ‣ please do apply next year, of course
dhaun ‣ okay, anything else you can think of or just "keep it up"?
carols ‣ seriously, just keep it up. this had nothing to do with your app
dhaun ‣ well, that's good to hear - thank you
carols ‣ you're welcome
dhaun ‣ we'll be back
--- snip ---

Also, 417 organizations applied this year, 175 were selected which was already more than last year. Obviously, there had to be some hard decisions somewhere.